How To Clean and Protect Antique Jade Jewelry
Antique jade is a highly precious gemstone that is categorized into two parts: jadeite and nephrite. Such precious stones are vibrant green in color and also found in many other colors. In addition, antique jade is a strong mineral that was specially used in the making of tools and weapons in past times. And still, jade is used for tools and jewelry-making.
No matter how vivid antique jade jewelry is, it doesn’t mean there isn’t care and protection needed. It has to be cleaned occasionally to avoid ruining the beauty and value of the stone.
If you’re aware of it, let us help you learn about jadeite cleaning and protection tips. Scroll down…
Proven Tips To Clean And Protect Chinese Antique Jade
Treated or untreated jade antiques can be cleaned with the same solution, which we’ve penned down. If talking about the treated ones, such stones are passed through some polishing that includes dye and polymer impregnation to make them more translucent and bright.
Without taking up your precious time, below are the tips and tricks to taking care of your Chinese jade items.
- Take warm water, a soap solution, and a bowl.
- Put the loose jade stone, jade ring, or jade pendant into the water-soap solution.
- Leave it for 5–10 minutes to soak.
- Take a soft-bristled brush and gently scrub the stone.
- You can also use a toothpick to remove deep dirt hidden inside the smallest part of the jewelry.
- Wash the piece with fresh running water.
- Tap dry with a cotton cloth or towel.
- Polish it with canola oil and then wipe it with a lint-free cloth. Also, remember to wipe the oil from each corner to avoid dirt & grease. Polishing is done for more brilliance and a shiny effect.
So, these were the methods to clean jadeite jewelry with light and heavy surface dirt and also bring out a more dazzling effect.
- Never use harsh chemicals to clean your jade.
- Avoid wearing a jade necklace while swimming; chlorine can damage the quality.
- Store it in a jewelry box wrapped with cotton to avoid any dirt or grease.
So, these were the “DON’T” tips to keep your jade ring protected and highly valued.
Want to know whether your Chinese jade jewelry is real or fake?
We are Chinese jade buyers in Connecticut who are well-known for our reputed antique appraisal services. Our expert appraiser can easily find out the reality of your jade antiques and also other details that help in claiming how much your jadeite piece’s value and rarity can be.
Therefore, that’s all from our side, and we hope the article was useful for you. After cleaning and keeping your green gemstones protected, you can now wear them anytime.
Beautify yourself with dazzling jade jewelry.